CUPERTINO, California—March 14, 2002—Apple® nowadays introduced Apple Far off Desktop™ for Mac® OS X instrument, which permits customers, lecturers and directors to remotely set up different Mac® desktops any place on an area community, AirPort® wi-fi community or around the Web. With Apple Far off Desktop, lecturers can view scholars’ pc monitors, carry out team demonstrations and lend a hand people with real-time screen-sharing, textual content chat and the “request consideration” command. Machine directors can give far off help, get complete device profiles, reconfigure device settings and temporarily and simply distribute instrument packages throughout masses of computer systems—all from one central location over each Ethernet and AirPort wi-fi networks.
“Apple Far off Desktop is the best way for lecturers and directors to give a boost to Mac customers in the school room and far off workgroups,” mentioned Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice chairman of International Product Advertising. “Robust options like display screen sharing, device tracking and instrument set up over AirPort or the Web make this a ‘should have’ Mac OS X software for each instructor and administrator.”
Apple Far off Desktop helps more than one ranges of administrator get admission to, every with its personal password, offering a protected approach for lecturers or department-level directors to lend a hand customers whilst proscribing privileges for deleting pieces or converting device settings. Academics and directors too can remotely keep an eye on computer systems by means of locking monitors, beginning, restarting, sound asleep or waking computer systems on a person foundation or for a whole workgroup or pc lab.
Apple Far off Desktop additionally contains:
- speedy and simple instrument distribution, enabling directors to replicate new or up to date packages to more than one techniques with drag-and-drop simplicity;
- communique equipment similar to real-time textual content chat and the “request consideration” command, growing one-to-one interplay between lecturers and scholars in a study room or directors and customers throughout a community;
- device tracking which permits directors and lecturers to identify and connect issues by means of remotely viewing after which taking keep an eye on of a person’s display screen;
- the facility to look at as much as 250 monitors on a rotating cycle of 4 monitors at a time by means of directors; and
- the facility to seize device profiles together with put in and instrument to create detailed studies.
Apple Far off Desktop is to be had now thru The Apple Retailer® (www.apple.com), at Apple’s retail shops and Apple Approved Resellers for a recommended retail value of $299 (US) for the 10-client version and $499 (US) for the limitless Jstomer model. Particular schooling pricing may also be discovered at www.apple.com/schooling/retailer.
The management and Jstomer device for Apple Far off Desktop is designed to run on all Energy Mac™ G4 and G3 computer systems, together with PowerBook® G4, PowerBook G3, iMac® and iBook® and calls for an Ethernet or AirPort community connection. The management device runs on Mac OS X model 10.1, or later, and the buyer model helps Mac OS eight.1 thru Mac OS nine.2, and Mac OS X v10.1 and later.